[pskmail] Re: Question

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:17:34 +0200

Il 29/08/2011 21:02, Gunnar Bulukin ha scritto:
Hi Franco,

Yes I use Linux and the pskmailclient  for mail but when starting just the
mailclient you get an error message saying that fldigi is not started. OK, I
can buy that but after finishing my mail offline I have to end the client,
start fldigi and start the mailclient again!! Extra work!! Not a big deal
but a bit backwords;-)

This in my setup for using Thunderbird or Evolution. I suppose any other mail client can do this.

For mail reception all I have done is define a new account of "spool" type with my mail account used in PSKMail and file inpit from ~/.pskmail/Inbox. With no automatic check all mail received with PSKMail are also in my mail client with a manual check

For mail sending I have defined a SMTP server on my localhost with Postfix (default SMTP for Ubuntu). In Postfix configuration I have defined a service "pskmail" as default for mail sent with my mail address in "From" field. This service call an external program written in Python. This program get mail from Posfix, convert it to PSKMail format and write it to ~/.pskmail/Outbox. So, I can write offline all my emails with mail client (using conctact list, template, etc), send it to Outbox and, when connected to PSKMail, I send it to PSKMail server.

No need to exit from client, to start Fldigi for mail composing, etc.

If you like I can send my config files and my little Python prog.

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW