[pskmail] Re: QRM ??

  • From: Ian_Wade_G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 17:29:24 +0100

Hi Juergen

That looks like Robust Packet, and it seems to be on the expected frequency. See the last page of the "30m Band Utilization Chart":

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/140219_30m_Band_Utilization_Chart.pdf

The chart shows that the Robust Packet channel is well clear of the PSKmail channel, so what is the problem?

--
73
Ian, G3NRW

On 03/06/2015 17:17, Juergen wrote:

Hi,
lately I have a lot of QRM during pskmail operation. It's nearly
impossible to finish a data transfer and so "Abort" is mostly the end.
I've looked around a bit in the Internet and found that Robust Packet (
http://robust-packet.net/ ) uses the 10.147,30 MHz USB for it's
transmissions. Is ist possible this caused the QRM, has anybody made
similar expierences ?
I've attached a fldigi screenshot when the transmission took place.
To identify the signal I've looked about a Robust Packet sound file
example, but unfortunately I found nothing.

73
Juergen
DL8JF