[pskmail] Re: Pskmail stations aprs beacons

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:29:46 +0200

tis 2007-03-27 klockan 18:35 -0700 skrev Kenneth Chong, DDS:
> Per Crusefalk wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have been experimenting with a page that displays recent aprs pos
> >reports from pskmail stations. Its looking for "pskmail" within the
> >status field so it doesn't show stations that remove that from the aprs
> >beacon. Data comes from APRS World, which has been really very helpful.
> >The page is here: http://www.crusefalk.se/pskmailers/index.php
> >
> >Its still rather experimental and I will improve it, be prepared that it
> >can take a few seconds to load. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.
> >
> >73 de Per, sm0rwo
> >

> Hi Per,
>
> I like it!   I noticed on the satellite view that I need to retweak my
> coordinates a bit more.
> My POSIT placed me in a neighbor's back yard.  I can actually see the 2
> meter Jr. Boomer horizontal beam on  top of my house, so it should be
> easy to  readjust the GPS coordinate conversion.
>
> I should be on tonite again on 3.595.25 with the latest 2.ISO. BTW, has
> anyone actually
> heard N5ALE on the air?  I was hoping to ping his station on 40M.
>
> 73, and tnx....
>
> Ken WB6MLC

Hi Ken,

Thanks, the satellite view really is very good and I see something
looking like a beam on the roof of the house to the left.
I added an event that writes the coordinates of the map center below the
image. If you doubleclick where you want the position to be you will
focus the map on that point and the coordinates will be written beneath
the map, just transfering that to pskmailrc.pl should work.