[pskmail] Re: Pskmail server package

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:52:34 +0100

Hi Rolf,

thanks for this massive piece of work. I am sure this is a big step
towards making PSKmail available for the Intermar sailors community!
One of the advantages to have a complete .deb installation package
is that it will allow less technical operators to install a server in
other places in the world, and operate pskmail from their /M location.

I think it is goood to focus on 10148.0 for Intermar maritime services,
while we are using 10147.0 for experimental further development of the system.
Intermar servers are principally used for HF APRS messaging, which has
been stable for a long time.

We are very busy to further improve the system on the ARQ side, and We
will try to keep the coming improvements of the server backward compatible
with the present pskmail_server-0.9.34 used by Intermar.

Again, many thanks for the excellent work, and I am sure it will help
to make it easier for the type of users you are targeting.

http://www.pskmail.com

--
Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>