[pskmail] Pskmail server, client at the same PC ?

  • From: Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 13:12:01 +0200

Hi,
is it anyhow possible to run Pskmail server and Pskmail client at the same computer for testing purposes ? My thought was that I take two soundcards and connect the inputs and outputs via mixer or jack server then I start two instances of fldigi with the appropriate soundcard configuration.
It would be also necessary to start one of the fldigi's with the
 --arq-server-port PORT command line option.
The first arq-server-port would be at port 7322 and the second at port 7323.
The question is now, is it possible to tell the Pskmail server or client to use the 7323 port for communication with fldigi ?

Or is this all much to complicated and there is a simpler solution ?

73
Juergen
DL8JF