[pskmail] Pskmail replaces twitter with identi.ca...

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:49:57 +0100 (CET)

The twitter function in pskmail has been broken for some time...
The reason for this was the new, money driven strategy in twitter to
allow only clients which can deliver advertizing to its users.

We have decided to wish them luck, and to change over to identi.ca which
is open source, and still supports our command line interface.

We have added a 'pskmail' group, and you can post to the group using
the pskmail aprs messaging function:
* In case you are connected, send ~TWEET Message....
* In case you are not connected, send TWEET Message
or write the message and hit the Send msg. menu entry under Twitter

To receive updates from the pskmail group you have to be connected,
with a supporting server and hit the 'Get updates' menu entry under Twitter.
That will give you the 10 latest updates to the group.

The test software is at http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha
The client is version 0.9.0 beta (replace your javapskmail.jar)
The server is pskmail_server-1.0.35, which is needed to support this function.

To send updates from the web, start your message with !pskmail
Gwibber is a nice eb client supporting both Twitter and identi.ca

Have fun testing!

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com