[pskmail] Re: Pskmail TX lock-up with 3.13AE (in fact since 3.10)

  • From: w1hkj <w1hkj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 04:07:06 -0500

I will look at the SysV interface code in fldigi.

John, you can set the duration of visibility on that popup announcement. The default of 15 seconds is a little long. Look on the Notifications dialog.

Stelios: Perhaps the notification box could be suppressed if the "Notifications Only" (ID tab) is not checked.

Dave

Rein Couperus wrote:
Hi all,

actually fldigi sends a 0x06 at the end of each transmission, which is
recognized by the modem driver.

When msgsnd writes the message to fldigi (BTW, the server still uses the POSIX SYS V queue) a flag is set in the .pskmail directory. On receipt of the 0x06 this flag (.tx.lck) is removed.
So in principle the exchange with fldigi is mutex based.

I think 2 things should happen:
* check what is the reason why fldigi stops the queue, this should not happen
* check if the mutex handling works as required, pskmail should wait before
sending the next frame.

I will take a look at the second one. As I am only using PSK250 it has not
happened on PI4TUE.

(follow 'pskmail' on twitter...)