[pskmail] Re: Portable pc

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:33:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,

A friend at work just got back from Thailand and brought one of these
with him. He had a 3G hsdpa card that he wanted to use with it and it
wasnt recognized (which meant I got to play with it :-)). I quickly got
that card working and could then proceed to try out the eee. It uses a
xandros os with a simplified gui (way too simplified for me anyway) but
changing that to a real desktop is quite easy. I was able to launch a
terminal through the file manager and could then easily sudo apt-get
install kicker etc :-) (no root password was set, strange).
The bottom line is that its a real linux pc in a very nice package, I
haven't tried pskmail on it (wasn't my pc) but that should be easy to
install. I hope to be able to be qrv from Tunisia this summer
(application for a permit has been sent through the embassy) and I will
consider this pc for that.
Hope that helped.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

--