[pskmail] Re: Perl POP3 Client on rflinkserver.pl on fedora core 4

  • From: Walt DuBose <dubose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:43:22 -0600

Daniel,

Why not put the smtp/pop server on the same machine as PSKMail? And, giving it a real and non-routed IP address if you like...and I suppose that there WOULD some routing problems but I know Linux Gurus who can probably solve that for you/us.

I know that that some are going to question the wisdon of putting an smtp/pop server on the same computer as PSKMail because of the amount of individual's E-Mail boxes...however, when I used to run business E-mail for 500 individuals on AT&T 3B3-600G's we only had 4GB SCSI hard drives to store mail and had 10 connected together...that was 40GB. Its no problem fins 360GB hard drives today.

Think BIG...PSKMail and what Rein and everyone involved in PSKMail is doing it a REALLY BIG THING in Amateur Radio.

73,

Walt/K5YFW

Rein Couperus wrote:
Tnx fer the patch Daniel...