[pskmail] Re: Packages

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 09:37:51 +0200

lör 2008-05-03 klockan 18:59 -0400 skrev Alan:
> Went through and deleted all the pskmail client files
> from /usr/local/share/  and /usr/local/bin
> and did a clean install of pskmail_server-0.7.2 and got the following
> error message:
>  ack@ack-desktop:~$ pskmail_server
>
> ### Server v. Pskmail v.0.7. (C) 2008 PA0R
> sh: cannot create .manual_config: Permission denied
> Cannot open logfile at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/arq.pm line 2667.
> Compilation failed in require
> at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 30.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted
> at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 30.
> ack@ack-desktop:~$

Hi,

I took part in the "Global Simulated Emergency Test" from my boat
yesterday. Before I went I installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my laptop and then
installed the client package. I was kind of in a hurry so unfortunately
I didn't take notes, I just fixed the problems to be able to participate
in that test. But, I did run into a few things and I'll try to remember
them:
1. /usr/local/share/pskmail

It was created as a file, not a directory. Needless to say the cp did
nothing. I just deleted that file and created the directory, the ran the
install once more.

2. could not create log file

When I launched the "pskmail" command then it stopped quite soon, saying
that it could not create a log file. That was due to the ~/.pskmail
folder was created as the root user, I just "chown -R per:per .pskmail"
to get past that hurdle.

3. "Decompression programs are missing.."

It could not find /usr/local/bin/paq8l, after my previous rerun of
install.sh I noticed that paq8l was in /usr/local/share/pskmail but not
in /usr/local/bin/. I just copied the file there.

There may have been other things as well, I'm sorry I didn't take better
notes but I had lots of things to take care of to get QRV from the boat.

Setup at the boat was my FT-897D, MFJ-902 tuner with 2.6 m whip antenna
and abt 16 m rail as counterpoise. Could just use 50 watts as the boat
battery voltage dropped to 9 V when I used 100 watts (bad battery, will
replace it). I got acks from my server at home (groundwave) and DJ4WL-3
so it seemed to work ok anyway.

Also, note to self mostly, when running /MM the callsign should be
SM0RWO-MM and not SM0RWO/MM (the latter will not show up at findu).

73 de Per, sm0rwo

P.s. I could not get pskaprs messages to work yesterday. I got ack's
from two servers but no mail was delivered. The connected mode worked
fine.