[pskmail] Re: PSKmailservers in the Pacific

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 01:38:05 +1000

Yes Demetre it seems that we feel lost if we loose that "umbilical cord".

EPIRB works "down-under" and as far as Sat phones are concerned there are
three providers I know of: Immarsat, Iridium and Thyrana with various
degrees of geographical coverage and sky visibility constraints.

I have read that new satellites have been added in the past few years to
fill-in the missing areas.

All the best,

73, John

He he he John,