[pskmail] Re: PSKmail server Ignoring Fldigi

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:49:45 +0200

Kent,

I have been sending you in the wrong direction, I mixed up server and client.
The server is still working with the POSIX SYSV interface, which is included in
perl.

To be sure server 0.8.1 is working with fldigi-3.10 I have done a clean
installation on
one of my eeepc 701's, and everything worked within 10 minutes.

I did the following:

Copy the archive to ~/
Untar the archive (tar zxvf pskmail_server-0.8.1.tar.gz)
cd pskmail-0.8.1
sudo ./libinstall.sh
sudo ./install.sh

That was all. It could not find most of the tier2 aprs servers, but it
connected to ahubswe.net ok...
Communication with fldigi-3.10 works without problem, no error messages.
It does not use the fldigi logfile (the perl client does). There was no problem
with the
installation of the libraries (I had to say yes a few times).

So I am puzzled what is the problem with your setup. Did you forget the sudo
./install.sh ?
Maybe there is an old .pskmail directory hanging around? Are 2 instances of
fldigi running?

The server is run as user, as is fldigi-3.10. NEVER run a program as root
unless you
know what you are doing  (that is why we use sudo for dangerous things).