[pskmail] Re: PSKmail Servers planned work section

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:16:13 +0200

On ons, 2007-10-10 at 20:07 +0200, Roberto IS0GRB wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have created, in the pskmailservers page, a section where to see
> planned work of servers to communicate a down state or to insert one.
>
> Suggestions will be appreciated.

Looks good to me, thumbs up.
Somewhat along the same lines I have been thinking abt having the
servers send the current status once every x minutes and then have that
info available on the web. They could post the current status (up) and
scanning table. An easy way to solve that is to have them email that
info and then have a cron job pick it up and update a status page on the
web. I could host that here but perhaps it should be at pskmail.org (?).

Also, I would like to have a detailed server info file that could be
fetched by the clients (on the web or over the air). The file should
contain info abt available servers and how to reach them. It should
contain server callsign, scan table and position. Perhaps also stn info
such as output and antenna properties. That way we could have the client
suggest a suitable server and frequency. Using the clients and servers
position we could even suggest an optimum working frequency (and perhaps
set the transceiver to that frequency).

Any thoughts about this?