[pskmail] Re: PSKmail Server Tests in Texas

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:11:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gill,
The call here is AB9FT (kg9bo is my old e-mail callsign) from Sheboygan, WI
which is roughly 50 miles N of Milwaukee. I will be sure to look for you, but
look for me as well. I haven't heard any activity ever since I officially
installed my pskmail server here. I ran HF packet for sometime, but decided I
want something to be used more of a "service" that also would do much better
with my mediocre setup here. The antenna here is only a 30m tuned dipole
(NW/NE) only about 30ft high. It would be nice to copy something!  There is
another station VE7SUN that operates somewhere near and have heard only once. I
see that there is a VE6 that is on, but I haven't heard anything yet from that
station. There are a lot of Europeans on, but not have heard anything yet..
I started single-band pskmail server but "exploring" at the present time with
multi-band operation. It is currently switching 80, 40, 30, 20, 10. The antenna
tunes all of those bands with my tuner, but I don't know how its doing (SWRs
from the tuner appears about or lower 1.5 and getting full power).
73Josh, AB9FT