[pskmail] Re: PSKmail

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:26:45 +0200 (CEST)

Regarding the mode switching, this is only significant if you can reproduce it, i.e. if it happens
all the time.... there can be hundreds of reasons why a server switches down in mode.
The most obvious reason is QRM at the server site. Maybe local qrm you cannot hear from
the client.

You can see how many users there are by looking at
http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/maps/pskmailers.php
or at http://www.pskmail.it

All red markers are users, the blue ones are servers.
There are many users and servers in US you cannot see on the map,
because they are MARS stations which are not on ham frequencies...

User profiles are different. Most users employ the APRS capability.
The gateway service is mostly used by mobile hams like you and me :)
We will talk about frequency plans  and PR during the September meeting.