[pskmail] Re: PSKMail.it - PSKMail Network

  • From: "Roberto IS0GRB" <is0grb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:03:26 +0100

Hi Per, many thanks for your reply and your work to create a new protocol
for a pskmail network.
Yes, i have see that sometimes from 1 to 6 AM i hear your beacon; very
interesting the propagation in 30m.

Regarding MRTG... is not particularly difficult to install and use.
MRTG to show the data in a graphic, want an external data, that you can get
in SNMP protocolol or with an external script.
To shows pskmail traffic i have created some scripts that process the data
and write there in a file that MRTG read every 5min to update graphics,
because in not possible to get these data in SNMP.
With an external script you can show in a graphic all data that you want.

-First is necessary to configure SNMP and running the SNMP server in the
linux machine.
-Second to install and configure MRTG package.
-Third create an external script, in shell, perl, c++ and so on.. that
process your data
-Fourth configure /etc/mrtg.cfg with new sections and rebuild mrtg.

You can see the MRTG documentation from this link:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/index.en.html

If you want other informations write me.

Best 73,

Roberto IS0GRB