[pskmail] PSKMail Server & IC-7200

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:08:10 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Name here is Josh, (AB9FT) from Sheboygan, Wisconsin (50mi N of Milwaukee along
Lake Michigan)

30m conditions haven't been the best here past few days, if that is why some
have not heard the server here. Trying out KAM+ on 30 (test propagation) and
actually hearing very little as well. More one way with "packet" TX/RX then
with PSKMail I have very regular copy of KB2PNM on 30m... Anyway, I have been
having a problem with the server here with my IC-7200. It is a random problem
that has no specific time but seems to eventually happen.. It can be either in
the ID (where I have noticed it happens more often) but simply when its done
transmitting, it gets "jammed" and continues to transmit until I turn the radio
off. When that happens, fldigi apparently hangs and have to "kill" it. I am
wondering if my problem is related to anyway to SA6BQZ's problem.... On some
cases, it loses communication with the radio with a message about (Radio IO
failed....). I should mention that I have it set up that it uses RigCAT with
the IC-7200.xml that keys up the radio
 and has that special  "command (can't remember, its not NO500....)" to ensure
the 7200 can key up with PSKMail Server

I have tried to troubleshoot as much as I can and getting nowhere with it.
Started with different USB cables... Tried different linux distros (Lubuntu,
Xubuntu, Slackware, Fedora, Mint, Debian) and different software combinations
(newer/older versions) and get the same thing... Also, it happens whether I use
frequency/scanning.. Pretty sure, its nothing I have set up for files, but send
them if that will help. Beginning to wonder if its the computer, but that would
be strange....

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to mention.

Thanks.

73
Josh, AB9FT