[pskmail] Re: PSKMail Serial GPS in MacOS

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:00:25 +0200

Hi Ignacio,

The sad truth is that I have no Mac so I have not had a chance to test
this. Sounds strange to me that you are able to find the ports with
other apps using rxtx, that would rule out rights etc.
The rxtx page at jlog is quite nice, perhaps you see something there
that helps? Its here: http://jlog.org/rxtx-mac.html

A workaround could be to install gpsd, if thats running then jpskmail
will connect to it and get data. I did find a page about installing gpsd
on mac, dont know if its useful but its here:
http://gpsd.darwinports.com/

It would be good to have that rxtx issue sorted, I use installjammer to
create the installers and macos support is coming there. The latest
installers handle rxtx for windows and it would be nice to have a mac
installer do the same. So I hope you post back on what you find.

73 de Per, sm0rwo