[pskmail] PSKMAIL SERVER Monitoring

  • From: radioral@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:33:49 -0400

 Hello to all,

 I tried over the weekend to hear the server on 30 meters in SE
Michigan and had no luck. I guess the distances were too great for the
power and band conditions. I will try over the next few days on 20
meters and if I hear the beacon I will try to send a position report
and see if I get an "acknowledgement" back.

 I am in the process of downloading and installing Mandriva 2007 on an
old Thinkpad 600E laptop to try and learn Linux .  I downloaded CD1 and
installed it (had no GUI- Just a DOS like login screen) and I guess the
GUI (KDE?) is on disc 2 so I am downloading that now  (28K internet
connection here so these things take a few days!).

I will look forward to doing more testing with Linux and PSKMAIL and
will report to the group if I work the server.

73  Bob WD8QLY