[pskmail] Re: PSKMAIL SERVER

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DAVID GRAY <kf4wbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:58:31 -0600

Hi David,

I'm copying this to the mailing list. You will probably get faster and better answers going through the list since people much smarter than me are on it :>)

The only thing I can think of is that the pskmailrc.pl file is probably only read upon startup of the server. Any changes to the file would require killing the server process and restarting. That should change your longitude to west.

After you start the server, you should see it send APRS position data every 10 minutes over your full time internet connection. That data should show up on findu.com.

Hope this helps some. Maybe some else on the list can add to or correct me.

73,

Fred - WB5CON

DAVID GRAY wrote:
HI FRED
DAVID HERE
I HAVE THE SERVER RUNNING
I CANT GET IT TO TAKE A CHANGE IN THE PSKMAILRC.PL FILE THE FIRST TIME I OPENED IT I USED -084.31 FOR MY LONGITUDE NOW I TRIED TO PUT IN 08431.00W BUT IT KEEPS PRINTING
08431.00E INSTEAD OF 08431.00W
I DID SEE SOME ACTIVITY ON THE TERMINAL MY RECORD WAS DROPPED OR SOMETHING ANYWAY I CANT FIND MYSELF ON FINDU.COM OR IN THE SERVER LIST SO I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS NEXT
ANY HELP WILL BE KOOL
I UNDERSTAND THAT MOST PEOPLE DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME SO I CAN WAIT
I AM ON SKYPE SCREEN NAME KF4WBS IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE BECAUSE ABOUT THE TIME THEY ANSWER ON QUESTION I HAVE TWO MORE
HA HA
HOPE TO SEE A REPLY
DAVID KF4WBS / NNN0LES NAVYMARS