[pskmail] PSKMAIL Bandwidth

  • From: radioral@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:46:26 -0500

 Ok Per,

 Thanks much for the information on URPMI. I will study the web site
and see what I can learn. Terms like "add main, contrib and perhaps
plf" and " kppp and pppd" seem like a foreign language to me!  I have
lots to learn. I appreciate everyones advice and patience. I might just
be the one to write a "help file for Dummies" on how to setup PSKMAIL
when I get through all this as I am taking good notes..

 Glad you had a chance to test PSK125. It does seem very fast compared
to the PSK63 speed. If conditions were good it would be nice to have it
available. As far as the US bandwidth issue  Dave  posted an update
after my earlier posting from the ARRL website that indicated that the
FCC made an error limiting bandwidth to 500HZ and would correct it
before the rules take effect on December 15. I will take a "wait and
see" attitude for now.

 Great on your friend that just became grandfather. We have two kids
that are both in High School so I'm not ready to be a Grandfather just
yet!

 73

 Bob WD8QLY