[pskmail] Re: PSK Mail Dumb question

  • From: Michael Schrody <kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

AFAIK, all of the West Mountain (RigBlaster) interfaces use a COM port (or USB)
for radio keying.
Depending on your radio, you could possibly still use the radio's VOX and leave
the com port connection on the interface unused. On my Yeasu FT-817, for
example, I could do something like that via the microphone connector, but NOT
using the rear-panel connection (VOX only works for mic input).

The TigerTronics SignaLink line are the only I know of with built-in VOX that
will therefor work without any com-port keying from the computer, and any input
("digital" or mic) of any radio, with no dependence on the radio's VOX.

(just my opinion, of course - hopefully you'll read others here as well)

 73 - Mike - KD7TKQ

Blessed is the person who can laugh at himself - he'll never cease to be amused.