[pskmail] Re: PSK MAIL

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: radioral@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:42:50 +0200

Hi Bob,

welcome to the list... and I am glad you like pskmail.
Actually, you are the first to test the k-to-k mode. Please send any bug
report you may have to the list!!

We are slowly getting some momentum, and I am sure Per SM0RWO's Live CD
helps a lot to take the panic of switching to a new operating system
away :)

I would love to also have a server CD, but it depends on Per's workload.
Once he has the client CD sorted out with the new Mandriva Distro it
will be quite easy to also make a Server CD. Key to this is a
'permanent' data store for the local user data base and the config file.
The server does not normally need a harddisk, all data are volatile, so
it is a 'natural' for a Live CD operation!!

You will soon get acquainted with Linux, it is as easy, and a lot more
logical than Window$.

In the mean time you could try to work the SM0RWO server on 14 or 18
MHz, should be easy during the day time.

Do not hesitate to ask questions here on the list. We DO want to keep
folks awake here!!