[pskmail] Re: PPT and CAT Control and ports in general

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:47:05 -0500

Steven Pituch wrote:
HI Rein,
Thanks for the info on sound cards.  Yes, I discovered fldigi about an hour
ago and now it is making sense to me.  I am able to read PSK31 transmissions
now on 20 meters.  I have atttached my CAT cable to my Elecraft K2 but it
seems the last hurdle is connecting to a serial port or USB port with a
serial/USB converter.  It seems that there is a port name like "/dev/ttys1"
needed for the PPT and also for Rig Control.  With MixW they have a check
box for PTT through CAT control so only one port is needed.  I am having
trouble figuring out how to configure fldigi for the K2.

1) How can I see the availalbe serial and USB ports in Linux, so I can use
one for CAT control.

2) What is "Memmap" and "Hamlib" in Rig Control?

Thanks,
Steve, W2MY

Under "interface" in fldigi you will want to check "use hamlib". Then from the pull-down menu select the K2, select the baud rate you want to use. Now, if you are using a serial port, enter the port you are using. More than likely it is /dev/ttyS0 pay attention to the capital "S". If you use a USB port try /dev/ttyUSB0.

Now on the left side select Hamlib for PTT, it may or may not work.

Let us know of any problems. Take your time and ask questions, we all did and we all still do.

Ed W3NR