[pskmail] OpenJDK, Oracle (Sun) Java and Ubuntu 12.04

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:44:45 +0200

Solved CPU problem using Gnome Classic, Lubuntu or Unity 2D (anything not using Compiz) I have now some problems with Java

In Ubuntu 12.04 there is no Oracle Java. Only OpenJDK.
And OpenJDK use Pulseaudio for sound devices.

With this setup I get correct waterfall but no decodig at all.

I have downloaded latest Java from Oracle site, installed it and, using this, I can get correct decoding.

Is decoding correlated to Pulseaudio and relative timing problem?

Any tip from other users?

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW