[pskmail] Now running fldigi 3.13BL (was: Re: How to install the fldigi-3.13 .pet package on Ubuntu Linux?)

  • From: Peter Olsen <petero@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:58:14 +0100

Dear Rein and Pär,

Thanks for the help.

I now have jpskmail 0.4.0.2 (2-jan-2010) and fldigi-3.13BL installed and running.

Actual on-air testing will probably have to wait until the weekend.

I will also have to read up on the various documentation in order to configure the stuff. Just for fldigi there are lots of new features compared to the version I had before.

One thing that puzzles me, though, is that when I start jpskmail (fldigi already running) it immediately starts transmitting a small packet, without giving me any chance to configure the thing first. It just starts transmitting, disregarding the actual frequency of the rig and using the initial dummy-call "NOCALL".

I don't think this can be the intended behavior ?

But anyway, I will hopefully get wiser as I read up on it.

Regards,
Peter Olsen
OZ1QT

Rein Couperus wrote:
Hi Peter,

the debugged and fixed fldigi packages are in /pskmail/fldigi, there is also a binary for UBUNTU... but I would use the source package (just ./configure. make, sudo make install).

...[SNIP]