[pskmail] Re: Not able to get e-mails from n8et but able to send them

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:58:53 +0100

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 09:15 -0800, jason matonis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am glad that there is a server in the US that we can play with. It
> is taking a little bit to get used to, I have used winlink quite a bit
> so I was expecting something similar. I am amazed at how fast the
> emails go out. I am still figuring everything out on this end. I seem
> to have a problem when trying to get my e-mails from Bill, N8ET.
> Whenever I hit the QTC, it is looking for the emails but I always get
> a reply that there is no mail. I am wondering if it is something on my
> end or maybe my ISP?? I am not very familiar with POP/SMTP when it
> comes to emails. I think everything is setup correctly on my end,
> maybe I have overlooked something.

You should use the settings of your normal mail client... So try your
normal mail client with the data you use for pskmail. If that does not
work find out what data are necessary and copy the data into the user
record.

If that does not work the server operator has the possibility to debug
the connection by running the server with certain debug flags on.

Rein PA0R