[pskmail] Non Amateur radio pskmail ?

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:22:25 +0100

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the following idea.

There are many people who have a Marine SSB licence, but no ham licence, but
would like to take dvantage of some of the pskmail features, so I was wondering
if a sever receiver could be setup on one of the Marine channels 12.3XXmhz,
this would allow non ham operators to use loudspeaker to mic interface to send
aprs location packets, if the radio was could run split, then an ack could be
sent on 30m for example, or just have no ack.

I think this may be something to attract the marine operators to look at a ham
rado licence to be able to then take advantage of the email and other pskmail
features.

Is this do able?

Any major licence issues? (not having a ticket,not sure of the wording on use)

Any thoughs?.

Regards

Vic