[pskmail] Re: New to PskMail - Need help setting up mail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:42:37 +0100

Hi Larry,

When support for gmail (authenticated) was included there was for a time
a problem, the pop server had to use ssl (servers without would not
work). That could produce the effect you are seeing, the server tries to
connect to the ssl secured port and the mail server does not support it
=> no mail. It now supports both authenticated and "normal" servers.
It sounds to me like you have that older version, if you are using the
live distro then the problem was there, the latest cd works.
The "ping pong" was there b4 too, I got that when putting "bleeding
edge" stuff on the cd. A stable server and that bleeding edge stuff
didn't like one another. So, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but you
probably have to get a later version.

Great that you are a perl programmer, there is lots of work here for you
then. Let me know when you are ready to submit work and I'll add you to
subversion.

73 de Per, sm0rwo