[pskmail] Re: New server update (Fred)

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:56:57 +1100

Hello Russel and Fred,

Just a couple of points which may be of help:

Fred, I also had issues with RSID not switching sometimes. I noticed
that selecting "search entire passband" in the ID configuration of
Fldigi can help with the decoding. I can't explain why, but it did
help in my case.

Also sometimes I noticed that de-selecting and re-selecting the
receive RSID button on Fldigi seems to jog it into play and it receive
RSIDs immediately rather than after two attempts.

Russell, it is ok for the server to be "wandering" on other modes
since the client now always sends the connecting mode RSID before the
connect. Therefore it will re-connect on any mode. And that even if it
moved away from the default mode.

On the other hand if you don't have RSID on, connections can only be
made on the default mode.

My suggestion is to leave RSID on and let it change at will. The only
constraint then is that if someone uses an old version of Pskmail and
Fldigi they will have to connect on the current (and therefore
unknown) mode.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

John