[pskmail] Re: New server release version 0.2.9

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:19:31 -0600

Rein,

I have the new server running. I ran into a few minor things so far.

1) required additional perl module Net::GPSD, which also needed Geo::Inverse, Geo::Functions, Geo::Forward, Geo::PRN, Geo::Ellipsoids, and Geo::Constants
2) server would not start. Per found it: rflinkserver.pl line 1918
3) had to create a ~/fldigi-1.0 directory
4) had to change $scanner="F" to $scanner="" in pskmailrc.pl since I am not scanning

Now it is running and connecting to netherlands.aprs2.net. I have not connected a client to it yet. It is repeating 'Connected to netherlands.aprs2.net' about twice per minute.

73,
Fred

Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
Hi,

I uploaded a new version of the server:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/PSKmail_server-0.2.9.tar.gz

The following changes have been made:

* Receiving APRS beacons now without necessity to link
* Built in local mbox.
* Radical changes to timing to fit PSK125.
* New server prompt giving more, and shorter, information.

Prerequisites:
=============

You must install a few perl modules via cpan:
Email::Simple
Email::Folder
Email::LocalDelivery

There are slight changes to the pskmailrc.pl file.

Local Mbox
==========

As requested by various users there is now a local mailbox in the server
which functions without the internet connection.
Mailbox address is the server call, e.g. PA0R@PI4TUE.
You can only reach this mailbox via pskmail, not via internet (which is
not present remember... (hehe...))
You can generate the mailbox by simply sending a mail to the mailbox,
the account is generated automatically.
You can list the mails with ~LISTLOCAL
You can delete the mails with ~DELETELOCAL x x x
You can read the mails with ~READLOCAL x x x
This facility has been added for special purposes, normally you would
like to use the internet account.
You can see if somebody has left mail for you in the new prompt:

PI4TUE 0.2.9-IL2M4>

meaning you have 2 local mails and 4 on your internet account...
The 'I' means there is a working internet connection.

Enough for some nice testing...

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P