[pskmail] Re: New server

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:36:18 +0200 (CEST)

>Hello Rein,

>I made the suggested changes to configuration files, so this should be ok.
>he server is Ubuntu 10.04, Athlon 64 4000+. Gome System Monitor shows about
>10% CPU for fldigi,
>12% for the System Monitor itself and a total load around 33%.
>Strange, there is a gap of 11%. I have no idea
>Will try on another box later this week. Makes no sense to go online until
>this is solved.

>In .pskmail/pskmailrc.pl, what do:
>commandcall

Put in your own Call, it is not used at the moment...

>beaconarray

@Beaconarray = qw (1 0 0 0 1); You can set the minutes when you want the server
to send a beacon on HF. (here minute 0 and minute 4).

>The client switches back to its default mode (PSK500R) after DISCONNECT /
>ABORT. The server does not?

The server also does his, at the beginning of the next minute. Provided you
have set the modes in the freqs.txt file.

>Every ten minutes a APRS beacon is sent to T2TUENL via TCP/IP.
> This is also the case for i.e. SM0RWO, but not for PI4TUE.
> Reason? The server normally does not move :-).

This beacon is used for status check (is the server online?) The position is
used to put it on the map
http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/maps/pskmailers.php

>When the basic thing works I might come to scanning.
>I will have to to this via memory switching.
>The Yaesu FT-900 does not use cw-filter in USB mode.
> Seems to be possible, regarding serveradmin.php.
>Simply memory number instead of frequency?

Put the memory number into the freqs.txt file.
Also the frequency offset between VFO and sweet spot (depends on your CW
filter, put
the sweet spot into the center of the filter):
@freq_corrections = qw (-1500 -1500 -1500 -1500 -1500);  for an offset of 1500
Hz.
To set the server up for summoning (pskmail_server-1.0.15) see:
http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/FAQ+How+to+set+up+a+server+for+summoning

>Thanks in advance for support.
>Klaus, DL4OAH

Keep us informed about progress :)

Rein PA0R

PS: If you send stuff to the mailinglist from the account you use to receive
it,
I don't have to interfere with it...