[pskmail] Re: New release of client and server ready.

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:37:49 -0500

Hi Rein,

I just got back from a vacation in Spain and see you have made some great improvements in PSKmail! I'm anxious to get your latest version up and running. I just updated the machines to Mandriva 2007, so this will be a double upgrade and test. The server will now be running on an AMD Athlon64 with the 64 bit version of Mandriva 2007. Lots of fun stuff to play with! Will report results.

73,
Fred
WB5CON

Rein Couperus wrote:
Several bugs have been removed from the server, including some timing issues.
The client has a new progress indicator, and has been adapted to the new
compressed download facilities.

We have seen compression factors up to 1:6, which greatly reduce download
times!!

The Pskmail basic system can now be considered 'ready for release', further
work will be focused on fixing any remaining bugs rather than adding features.