[pskmail] Re: New live distro test report

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:35:19 -0400

Hi Rein,

Its been a busy week here so I am just now catching up with emails.
So, great report Rein! Thank you very much! Sorry for not answering
sooner (been travelling etc).

Great that you got logged in automatically, should have been like that
all the time. Hmmm, numlock on is an interesting feature ;-)
I don't know why that is, I certainly didnt set it that way.

The memory stick mount point seems strange also. It should be /mnt/sda1.

A monofont is something I havent tested. What if you use the kde control
center ?

Good that the wireless started working. Those drivers were actually gpl
but they were located within the commercial/club mirror for some reason.
The sourceforge page clearly said gpl so I included those.

The sound issues could be the sound server perhaps ?
If you look within the kde control center you can change the sound/sound
system settings and alter the priority and buffer size. Check the real
time priority box and perhaps increase the buffer will help ?

I see what you mean with those scripts, that could be great!
It can be started automatically or I can have an extra menu item for
those. The mount point is pretty important, will test various usb
memories, all im used to is /mnt/removable or /mnt/sda1.

If I understand you correctly you would want the network stuff to be
copied from the stick as well ? Looking into that as well!

73 for now de Per, sm0rwo