[pskmail] Re: New client manual available for download...

  • From: "Dan Ozment" <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:43:07 -0500

Thank you for the client manual update, Rein.  It is first on my Saturday
afternoon reading list!

What causes the .auth_ok file to be created and deleted from the server?

We sent a ~RESETRECORD command on a user account yesterday, and the user record
was removed.  I had the user reconnect and send a server update to recreate the
record.   He then sent a :SETPASSWORD command while still connected, and got
the "Sorry, not allowed" message.   I found the error in the rflinkserver.pl
and figured out that it was happening because the .auth_ok no longer existed.
Knowing that I may be playing with fire I manually recreated the file, and the
user was able to successfully send a password.

Regards,

Dan
KJ4ZZE