[pskmail] Re: New client cd

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:59:37 -0500

hello all
Per I tried the new version of RFSM2400 but I could not get the remote
controle features working. Does it work, did you try?
Karel

2006/11/30, Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

Just wanted to say that quite a lot is going on here at the moment.
Dave, w1hkj, have kindly helped and have made fldigi work really well
with pskmail. We have exchanged zips and test reports for a while here
and among other things the latest incarnation of fldigi has a new afc
handling that is working really well. The new AFC will now search for
the center point of the rx signal by examining the spectral energy over
1.5 x the BW of the psk mode. Once a signal has been acquired the normal
AFC is in force, that AFC has a much longer time constant. This initial
quick fix mode is the same action that takes place when you click on a
signal near the waterfall. This will find the other station much faster
and will be handy when the station is a bit off the fq (+-15 Hz).

I have moved to a 2007 base for the live cd and I have successfully
generated the first iso. I will now start to add stuff for the client
and begin testing. I should release a new client cd within a few days.
The 2007 base will mean a whole lot of new things. The new kernel should
now work much better for centrinos and the entire distro gets a face
lift. Testing will produce a whole lot of new interesting problems of
course :-)

RFSM2400, the russian MIL-STD 188-110A implementation, has just been
released and now the IPC mechanism is in place. According to Dmitry it
should be very similar to the one we are using and I should be able to
test that as well soon (tomorrow, must sleep now). But, testing 2400 bps
with pskmail could be interesting. Timing issues could perhaps be helped
by a longer interleaver...
Here is a link if you want to test it: http://rfsm2400.narod.ru/