[pskmail] Re: New alpha test suite for pskmail adds

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:53:45 +1100

Hi Rein,

Here are the results of my test with the latest client and server:

The igate works great.

I reproduced the issue I mentioned before by proceeding the following way:

1. Start a mail download. In my case a 2K grib reply email.

2. Close the client in the middle of receiving the mail at about 30%.
The size of the file in the pending directory is consistent with the
percentage downloaded.

3. Restart and reconnect the client. Server sends FM frame as
expected, client comes back with FY and receiving of mail resumes
normally.

4. Again, close client but at 78%. This time the size of the file in
the pending directory is reduced to 308 bytes from memory (or close to
that value) and contains a blank line as the first line.

5. Relaunch and reconnect client results in resume but at 308 bytes
only and the received file is corrupted and can't be uncompressed.

I restarted the whole sequence above a second time and got a similar result.

So it seems that this happens after the second interruption on the
same email (after 2nd client close or 2nd abort as I saw last time) .

Let me know what else I can test.

This is on Ubuntu 8.04 by the way.

Regards,

John