[pskmail] Re: New V2 beta client: jpskmail-2.0.12 ready for testing...

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:22:54 +0200

Great!
I will create an installer for it tonight. If possible it would be great to focus development on this new branch, there are things I need to bring over from 1.5.8 also.

73, Per

Rein Couperus skrev 2012-05-09 17:56:
I have uploaded a new client beta to pskmail.org, you find it at
http://www.pskmail.org/jPSKmail-2.0.9.beta.html

Copy the jpskmail-2.0.12.jar file into the directory holding your jpskmail-1.5.8,
which has an installer for win and linux....
Before starting it for the first time, set the ICON key in configuration.xml to "0".
Start it with java -jar jpskmail-2.0.12.jar....

I am quite happy with it now. The THOR modems work fine,
and it contains all the new goodies like the Emcom Icons, and
automatic password handling... Also, it has all modems
built in, which makes it a lot easier to handle than the combination
of 1.5.8 + fldigi....

I was able to succesfully test this version on Win XP, WIN7 and Lubuntu 12.04.. The difference to 2.0.11 is mainly that it recognizes server version numbers > 1.7

Pse send reports to the mailing list.

The version 2 client is now close to becoming the main stream client, which will save the development team a lot of time because there is only 1 client version to
maintain...

Maybe we can get an installer to make installation easier?

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

--
Mobile: +46703784299