[pskmail] Re: New Client 2.0.33 and server 2.0.17

  • From: Ian Bennett <ibennett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:50:44 +1100

Now there is a thought. If the project decided to go down that path, I think there would be more opportunity for others to contribute. I know perl and I dabbled with C a while back, so I'd be keen to give it a go.

Ian
VK1IAN

On 05/04/13 06:57, remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just out of curiosity: Did you document the PSKMAIL protocol ? Is it
difficult to rewrite in C++ ?

Thanks

Remi

Le 04.04.2013 08:34, Rein Couperus a écrit :
PI4TUE also crashed fldigi during the night (first crash after 8
days). This means that this last effort to give fldigi a chance also
did not work. A server should never crash...
I agree with you that we should now concentrate on getting the last
bugs out of the V2 modem as soon as possible, and drop fldigi.

This means porting the audio/modem/config code in 2.1.0 to the V2
modem. At the moment the code in 2.1.0 is already pretty stable,
especially the handling of the audio mixers seems to be better than in
2.0.33, especially on windows...

Klaus and I am testing /debugging client 2.1.0 at the moment, and it
looks like we are close to a beta.

Rein PA0R

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:09:55 +0200
Pär Crusefalk<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi,

I have the 2.0.33 server installed here and it runs for a while after I
restart it. But, when ever I walk out to the shack the tiny fldigi
waterfall window is black and frozen. I have restarted it now so I'll
see how long its up this time.

But, seriously. Fldigi must die, this is not funny any more.
I will close down the server and start testing the javamodem.

73, Per
sm0rwo