[pskmail] Re: Navcomputer

  • From: Sander Pool <sander_pool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:58:48 -0500

Very cool. Always interesting to read what people do with Pi's. The only drawback I see is that running dedicated machines for various tasks makes it harder to share data between applications. Like maybe a copy and paste of a location or map segment into a logbook. Then again while I can sail I don't know what it's like to sail overnight on a serious boat so what do I know :-) Maybe ship-board electronics is all about stand alone equipment with several screens and input devices.

    Sander W1SOP

On 12/23/2012 8:19 AM, Gunnar Bulukin wrote:
Well this is for those that are using navcomputers onboard, maybe not a pskmail thing (yet!?) but anyway.