[pskmail] Re: Name of PWDfile

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:12:38 +1100

No problems Gunnar.

On thing I don't understand is why you are using PSK250. The only PSK mode
I use is PSK500. All the others are either PSKR modes or MFSK/THOR modes.

It may seen counter logical but in all the tests I have done the faster
PSKR mode is more robust and slightly faster than the PSK mode one down in
speed. By that I mean that PSK500R is more robust and about 10% faster than
PSK250, same for PSK250R and PSK125.

This is why I only use PSK500 from teh PSK list since it is the fastest
available and PSKR modes below, then MFSK/THOR.

Hope that makes sense.

73, John.