[pskmail] Re: NA Servers

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:08:01 -0400

Rein Couperus wrote:
150 Miles is in the skip zone for 30 meters. E.g. I cannot hear DK4XI-0 on 30,
which is abt. 200 km.
On 30 we use a network where the servers have a distance of more than 500 Miles
from each other.
For the shorter distances we have 2 servers on 80 meters (NVIS) which works
well during the day time.
Lots of QRM in the evening... It would be a good idea to do a VOACAP propagation analysis for your QTH, that has proven to be very accurate...

I guess 40m would be ok for your distance to Fred.

All of the NA servers except VE7SUN are all less than 500 miles from me. I need to work on a NVIS antenna, seems that may be the way to go. The VOACAP is going to be the 1st on the agenda.

Thanks

73

Ed W3NR