[pskmail] Re: Mirrors updated

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:18:59 +0100

Rein,

Great progress.  With V0.30 I noticed one little thing when using it under
Mandriva 2007: when I click on other modes, it changes the fldigi modem
correctly, but the radio buttons on the UI do not always reflect the proper
mode selected (sometimes it shows two modes selected).

In fact since I can run the client under Windows I have decided to change my
eeePC to Window$ (I know, I know...), since I can't run the java client
without doing an upgrade anyway and my wife is having difficulties handling
the Linux OS (we both use it when going away). The good new is that I still
keep a Puppy Linux version on the SD card so that I can still boot Linux and
"have a real computer" :)

Rein and Per please keep up the great work on the java client.

I am also progressing on the THOR mode issue I had here and I will be
sending a log extract, analysis and proposed code change for your review. In
short I believe (and I am testing that now) that the second <EOT> added by
THOR at the end of the blocks is creating an issue: the receiving of the
blocks is not stateless in ARQ.PM and therefore it gets confused believing
it has a complete block, but the unpacking routine interprets it as a block
in waiting, resulting in the server not timing out and not transmitting.

Regards,

John