[pskmail] Re: Mail record update

  • From: "Peter Olsen" <petero@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 23:29:15 +0200

Hi,

What about the status of "local mail" (another potentially confusing mail
terminology)

Under the Mbox menu item the manual for client 1.5.7 says:

"The way to handle local messages on a server during a connected session
By local messages we mean messages addressed to user@server. These
messages are stored locally
only, not forwarded to other PSKmail servers (now). The Mbox menu is only
available when there
are messages pending at the server. You can send mails addressed to a
server by using the CALL @ SERVERCALL mail address."

I always thought that the initial no-mail message when connecting to a
server referred to the status of "local mail". I would not expect the
server to do the login attempt to my pop3 account automatically upon
connect.
Was I wrong?

73's Peter