[pskmail] Re: Looking for group to promote pskmail in USA and Canada

  • From: Gilbert Franke <g.a.franke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 06:57:45 -0500

Andy, thanks for your response.  Maybe the best way to do this is with
pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- but there are several hams who have been trying to
coordinate with me who are not on freelists -- so I thought I'd work that
angle, too.

Rein, that is a good point.  Another point for us in the USA, where the
emergency response network has been encouraging use of WinLink, to consider
is that the two are not incompatible for EOCs, since they are linked via
internet.  I think put them both out there and see which one works best.  I
think pskmail will hold its own, or win out!

I think Andy's point is that there are a lot of people already committed to
WinLink and it will be difficult in some cases to get pskmail established,
but worth the effort!

I had the same question posed when I presented it to our local club.  The
spectrum and power efficiency of pskmail also make it a natural choice.

73, Gil WB5RFQ