[pskmail] Re: Livecd & saveit

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:30:47 +0200

On sön, 2007-05-06 at 09:54 -0400, Ed wrote:
> I'm getting the following 2 errors when running saveit
>
> tar : error exit delayed from previous errors
>
> mv : cannot create regular file '/mnt/removeable' : permission denied
>
> The stick shows up as SDA1 and is owned by root, but "others" have
> read/write permission.
>
> Ideas ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed W3NR

Hi Ed,

Here is what it does:
`tar zcvf pskmailperm.tar.gz pskdownload Download
pskmailrc.pl .evolution qrg mail rflinkusers getit.pl saveit.pl
netconfig.pl rflinkserver.pl arq.pm`;

`tar zcvf
fldigi.tar.gz .fldigi/fldigi.def .fldigi/fldigi.log .fldigi/fldigi.status
.fldigi/freqanalysis.csv .fldigi/macros.mdf`;

if (-d "/mnt/removable") {
        `cp pskmailperm.tar.gz /mnt/removable`;
        `cp fldigi.tar.gz /mnt/removable`;
        exit;

Translated it tries to create two files, one for pskmail
(pskmailperm.tar.gz) and one for fldigi (fldigi.tar.gz). It then tries
to move the created files to your usb stick (if its there).
You can test it, just copy the commands one by one and paste in a
terminal. That should show you where you have the problem.
This: "mv : cannot create regular file '/mnt/removeable' : permission
denied" shows that its not allowed to move the archives to your usb
stick (check those permissions).
As for the tar error you could see if eiher of pskmailperm.tar.gz or
fldigi.tar.gz gets created in your home folder (if so then the
permissions are what you need to fix).