[pskmail] Live distro update

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:44:03 +0100

Hi all,

I am just now building a new iso, my old P2-400 that I use for it has
one hour left to go. Anyway, here is a list of changes:

Updated PSKmail client and server to subversions latest
Updated PSKmail help (offline copy of the wiki)
Updated fldigi to 1.11
Double checked that grub is onboard
Added an empty aprslog file
Painted a nice (?) icon for the server
Removed koffice completely
Removed amarok
Removed digikam
Removed opera
Added firefox (and a desktop shortcut)
Added abiword

At this point I have not included wine and RFSM2400, I feel that it
needs some more testing. I kept tlf, xdx and xastir. Do you feel that
they should be there or can I remove them (to reduse size) ?

Also, I have been playing with the idea of adding a "pskmail update" to
the distro. What I mean by that is a script that fetches and installs
all the latest stuff from our subversion server. To get that working I
believe we have to make some changes:

1. The server files should not reside on the "root" of the users home
folder, they should be moved to a subfolder
2. We should create a folder structure similar to what we have in
subversion right now: pskmail/server and pskmail/client.
3. Subversion repository should be branched with one devel branch (the
one we have now) and one stable branch that updates can be fetched from.

If we make these changes then an update could be as simple as:
"svn update" (the directory is already tied to the stable branch).

btw, you can browse subversion here http://www.crusefalk.se/websvn/

In the even longer run I think we should perhaps move the executables
and have them in /usr/bin or equivalent. That way I can create rpm's and
make install much easier.

Any input on this ?