[pskmail] Re: Live CD

  • From: Walt DuBose <dubose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:39:28 -0600

Hi Klint,

Yes sir and myself and another person posted them on this mail group I think. If not this list, then the digitalradio list. This has ween within 10 days so check the archieve.

Walt/K5YFW a.k.a. KN5YFW, Alice Texas circa 1959.

Klint Mann wrote:
If you don't mind, did you get any specific error when trying the other
mirrors? I run the mannindustries.net server and would be very
interested in any problems with it.

Klint, KE5FMN

Walt DuBose wrote:

I finally got a copy of the Live CD which came from
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/  I couldn't get
the ones on the other mirror servers to work.

This is great.  I now need to run it on this PC and fix the CD drive on
the another PC I have, a Dell GX-150, and run it on that CD.

I can't wait until I can get my computer connected to my RigBlaster and
get on-the-air at least with Fldigi.

FLdigi seems so simple to run and I think when I spend more time on
PSKMail, it will also be nice.

Thanks to Rein and all those who helped him on PSKMail and to Dave and
his "helpers" on Fldigi...this is super software.

Is there room to put the OpenOffice word processor on the Live CD and an
OpenSource spreadsheet?

Thanks & 73,

Walt/K5YFW