[pskmail] Re: Link between fldigi and jpskmail

  • From: Steve <stevez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:51:49 +1100

I can confirm that I have observed the FLDigi-Java client "disconnect" on an Xandros EeePC very recently (last Saturday night).

The EeePC 701 would have been running at around 600MHz.
I was using the lastest (as of last weekend) Java client. I was using FLDigi 3.13BT that was compiled from source under the Asus SDK. Sometimes mode changes would continue to work, but any text sent by the client never made it to FLDigi. It was getting dark, and I was out the bush, so I gave up after a while. I will try and make it happen again on the bench here back at home.

On 02/02/2010 07:27 AM, rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
PSKmail message from rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jason,

glad to see you back. Which versions of client and fldigi are you
running? We had a few reports of socket failure on windows, which
can eventually lead to freezing fldigi. Unfortunately I don't have
an old machine which runs windoze, so I cannot test that.
I have never seen the effect on Linux.