[pskmail] Re: Lightweight, backpack "Pskmailing"

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:18:17 +0100

Hi John,

Sounds like a nice setup. I am not very fond of the g5rv but thats just
me. I guess if its properly fed then it should be fine.

> Maybe you guys can see better solutions. It would have been a great to
> have a full Pskmail in my Android phone for that. Java is part of
> Android so that should be workable but Fldigi is not available on that
> platform.

Well, actually fldigi has been ported to java by Franz-Josef Maas
(DB3CF). It has a simple UI for testing but runs fine. I have been
meaning to get an android phone and make it run under dalvik (the
android java runtime) but I still lack a phone to test on.

It will require some effort to get it to look nice but it does run in
java so the worst should be done already...

73 de Per
SM0RWO